I didn't even notice until after I baked this, served this, and we ate it that the recipe called for a 375 degree oven. The hubby is a big fan of sticky toffee, I’m a big fan of cinnamon rolls, so I thought it was high time Sticky Toffee and Chelsea bun became pals. In addition, I allowed my first rise to go for approx. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Roll and stretch each piece to form a 25 x 35cm rectangle. Combine remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup pecans, and cinnamon; set aside. Apply butter evenly, then sugar/cinnamon mixture. Info. Great Recipe! Make a well in the centre and pour in the warm milk, beaten egg and melted butter. Use a spoon to transfer any sticky topping that has remained in the pan. No one mentioned this in other reviews so maybe it was just my oven. Make sure you roll your dough out to 1/4". Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). A lot to remember, but after you get the hang of it, it's like second nature and you will have picture perfect cinnamon rolls and sticky buns. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I haven't baked in a while, and this was a good recipe with which to bake again. Great recipe chef John! I made per the recipe---except I didn't add the pecans to the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture that went inside the rolls. First, this recipe should be read closely as there are a lot of steps and can be confusing. Congrats! Mix, adding more flour, until a very soft and sticky dough is formed. Present Idea: Prepare batches and put them in disposable aluminium containers - you can give them away and put the baking instructions and a DO NOT BAKE UNTIL CHRISTMAS MORNING Sign. If you just spread on a thin layer of softened butter you should end up with a more ooey-gooey feel because you'll have more butter on the inside to melt, which will make the caramel more gooey. To easily cut the dough, use dental floss. Love this one! Thank you for another amazingly delicious recipe, Chef John! Place the flour, sugar and 1 tsp salt in a mixing bowl, then rub in the pieces of butter until the mix has the texture of breadcrumbs. Start by making the dough. If you just spread on a thin layer of softened butter you should end up with a more ooey-gooey feel because you'll have more butter on the inside to melt, which will make the caramel more gooey. Curve your corners toward the center to avoid too much overlap (exess) IMPT: after about 2-3 rolls, carefully lift up each portion and pull away from you, this will "tuck" in the dough, be careful not to tear the dough. Next time I will try 350 degrees...My first review on here so hope it was helpful :) Good Luck!! Here's a trick for cutting the rolls without mashing the dough: take a piece of thread, slide it under the roll, cross the thread and pull quickly. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Mine weren't so ooey-gooey. The only thing I will do different next time is use fewer pecans and double the topping. Add sugar, egg, and melted butter for dough to the yeast mixture. I would highly suggest taking extra time and being extra careful when reading the directions. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Holding the rolling pin, gently roll over the sugar/cinnamon mixture. It seemed too sticky but it works out just fine.Ive made this twice,second time I halved the dough.One half as recipe directs.The second half,I put butter,garlic powder and parsley flakes for the saucy bottom that becomes the top when flipped.Chedder cheese rolled inside.Awesomeness!Similar to the famous restaurant’s Cheddar Buscuit..Yummy! Now you must begin rolling from each corner, middle, working your way back and forth. Such an easy recipe and turned out perfect! You saved Ooey-Gooey Cinnamon Buns to your. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. At the beginning of the roll only 1/2" of dough and pinch down. A lot to remember, but after you get the hang of it, it's like second nature and you will have picture perfect cinnamon rolls and sticky buns. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Info. Consider yourself warned. I didn't oil the pan but didn't need to; the topping, which has butter in it, helped the buns come out easily. Place the rolls on the tray, leaving a gap of at least 2cm around each roll. Holding the rolling pin, gently roll over the sugar/cinnamon mixture. While dough is rising, melt 3/4 cup butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Transfer dough onto a lightly floured surface. But I love 99% of the recipes from you!! Let cool until lukewarm. I used the bread machine to make the dough as I'm a walk away type of baker. Tent the pan loosely with foil and let rise until buns have almost doubled in size, 45 minutes to 1 hour. If one side of a bun has more dough than another, place with the doughier side up in the pan. Turn pan over carefully onto a serving platter. Perfect cuts every time! I also did not have a suitable metal pan and used stone bakeware. The buns were so unbelievably and incredibly delicious I kind of got scared. Highly recommend. In a large bowl, combine the yeast mixture, milk mixture, eggs and 1 1/2 cup flour; stir well to combine. Save foil in case you need it towards the end of baking time. Cover and let rise in a warm spot until doubled in size, about 1 hour. I come from a long line of bakers.. this is great! Have made a couple more times & it definitely works better not to melt the butter for the inside and then I double the caramel for the bottom. The sugar-butter mixture rises and overflows a shallow pan, and it's pretty combustible in the oven!!! 449 calories; protein 6.6g 13% DV; carbohydrates 63g 20% DV; fat 19.8g 30% DV; cholesterol 47.1mg 16% DV; sodium 324.7mg 13% DV. The dough is very nice; a little tacky, but easily worked with. When you use the melted butter you don't get a lot of butter on the inside & I found this tended to give me a dryer--but still good--caramel roll. Continue with remaining dough. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Pour into greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Slide it under the end, cross the dental floss at the top and pull. I would suggest not melting the butter that you spread on the inside before you roll it up. I may have heated the milk and water a little too much in the beginning of the process and stunted the growth of the used a little bit, if that is a thing. This is a good recipe, but the dough is a bit plain for us. These buns are sooo good hot from the oven when they're gooey and warm. Pour into the prepared pan and spread evenly to cover the bottom. Set aside until needed. I'd maybe add vanilla or cinnamon, but we like a tad more flavor. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over the dough to the edges, leaving a 2-inch border along the edges. In a small bowl, dissolve 1 teaspoon sugar and yeast in warm water. They sure looked tasty, but I didn't eat them with their fire-extinguisher powder coating. Brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter, leaving 1/2 inch border uncovered; sprinkle with brown sugar cinnamon mixture. Mix thoroughly until smooth. I made double but make sure the sugar has completely dissolved so that it turns into caramel. Serve warm, sticky-side-up. Still a good recipe, hence the 4 stars, but does need some adjustments. Not being able to leave home due to the corona virus, I decided to spend the day baking. Dough 100 %, sweetness 100%, ease of making and baking, 100%...taste far too bland. Mix in 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter and salt; stir until melted. Slide a piece of string or floss under the dough, lining it up at the first knife mark. Add a little flour if it gets too sticky to work with/ lightly dust. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. If you want more ooey-gooey, just add a little cream or whole milk (3-4 tablespoons) to the butter, brown sugar mixture in the pan. Holding the rolling pin, gently roll over the sugar/cinnamon mixture. The finished product did not last long enough for a photo to be taken. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Pour in the milk and mix well until you get a soft dough (you may need to add a little more milk). So good. This was another wonderful recipe! 392 calories; protein 5.6g 11% DV; carbohydrates 45.3g 15% DV; fat 21.7g 34% DV; cholesterol 66.1mg 22% DV; sodium 281.9mg 11% DV. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Mine always bakes bread and sweets (unless it's pizza or baguettes) on 350, so that's what I set it on. Scrape remaining filling from the pan onto the rolls. Cross the ends of the string over the top and pull in opposite directions to cut through the dough. Add sugar, egg, and melted butter for dough to the yeast mixture.