Spread your dairy-free butter or choice of spread onto two sides of bread. Tea in teapots. I used ready thin sliced shop-bought bread for convenience. You can basically have any tea of your choice, but if you would like to stick with more traditional afternoon tea, you can choose from Assam, Darjeeling, Earl Grey and Lapsang Souchong varieties. I adore tiramisu; coffee, chocolate, cream - what's not to like! This vegan Black Forest Cake has all the moist, delicious flavour of the 1970s classic gateau. The tart jam is nestled on a buttery-sweet cookie. Plus, it’s light, fluffy and nobody would guess that it’s vegan. But if you would like to indulge with a glass of pinkish beige bubbly fun on a Tuesday afternoon (without being judged), this is your opportunity. You'll need a little sprinkling of good sea salt to bring out the flavor of the cucumber. The sandwiches look yummy, interesting flavours too. Read More. This is the most incredible, flavorful Peruvian Sandwich (aka sanguche). We prefer drinking Teavana’s subtle Lavender Crème Herbal Tea while spooning this yummy spread onto a bagel. These easy, fluffy, homemade baked chocolate vegan doughnuts only take 30 minutes to make! Avocado and hummus on rye bread (my personal fav). Vegan scones – these easy British scones are a perfect afternoon tea treat. I love the recipes you share here. Plant-based recipes 'The Great British Vegan' out Jan 2021 This post was originally published on 7 March 2017. Slice a red pepper into large chunks and roast with some olive oil until soft. The colour comes from mixing beetroot into the homemade nut butter. Check out today's hottest plant‑based positions for your next career move! I’m writing from the UK where we do afternoon tea all the time! So, without further adieu, here are my top 40 recipes for a vegan afternoon tea. Grind some white pepper on top, then sandwich the two slices together, remove crusts and cut into three two-fingers-width sandwiches. Plenty of hot water, guests can choose any tea they fancy. Chopped dates and walnuts, V cream cheese, sprinkle cinnamon on fruit bread. It's a tasty, easy, 1-bowl recipe with no unusual ingredients. Tiny cucumber tea sandwiches loaded with herbed cashew cream cheese, avocado, and red bell pepper! It’s easy, versatile and full of great taste. Thank you! If you have a tablecloth, be sure to iron and use it. Thanks Kelly :-) I’ve become obsessed with afternoon tea, wish I could serve one every day! I would come to tea time at your place any day. 7. Afternoon tea is such a wonderful way to slow down and enjoy an afternoon with good company. Brighton, UK Tag remakes with #wallflowerkitchen . Afternoon Tea Menu. Nowadays, people all over the world have this fun afternoon meal/event. Add a single layer of cucumber, sprinkle with salt, and top with a slice of buttered bread. In Ireland all their products are vegan. It's pretty and perfect for a celebration. Easy and tasty. <3, What a lovely post! Small mugs instead of individual tea pots. Scones, with clotted cream (a thick slightly sweet cream) and jam. It’s super hard to find good vegan recipes for tea time especially in the US where tea isn’t a pastime yet. Flaky pastry and sweet cinnamon sugar combine in these easy puff pastry cinnamon twists. Raw Tea Sandwiches with Stash White Peach Oolong TeaYou haven’t had tea sandwiches like these raw delicacies from Rawmazing. Remove the peel, and slice it thinly. Add the vegetable filling to small rolls for dainty versions that are perfect for a vegan Afternoon Tea. They’re also tasty and quick. Click here for the recipes! Vegan Warning: a lot of china (porcelain) products contain bone char, so when you purchase one, make sure they are vegan-friendy. This is a recipe roundup, so you’ll have to click on the recipe names(links) to get to the recipe. Did you know you can create picture-perfect vegan macarons using aquafaba (the liquid drained from a can of chickpeas) instead of egg whites? Happy #WorldVeganDay! Plus, you don't have to book a restaurant, instead you can do it at home! New to the world of tea, I bought about ten different teas and have been sampling them. This list is filled with every classic high tea recipe, from scones and brownies to macarons and lemon drizzle cake. These matcha coconut yogurt tarts are bright green so will make a statement on your cake stand! Voila - classic cucumber sandwiches! With Mother's Day coming up, it's a lovely excuse to get baking and treat your mum to a homemade afternoon tea. They’re super quick and easy. They look delicious! Caponata alla Siciliana is a traditional vegan Italian eggplant stew from Sicily. Lovely sandwich ideas! I love a nice strawberry tart with fresh cream. I don't have it often, but I do love it! We have started buying BFree (an Irish company!) Thank you so much, Lauren! vegan media and get the very best Required fields are marked *. They work great on wholemeal too :-). Delicious! These sandwiches look so tasty, great recipes! I am rather partial to a slice or two or three of Coffee & Walnut cake ... Yum! Setting up the perfect afternoon tea table at home: Start with a clean and clear room with a freshly laid white table cloth. Peru is famous for sandwiches, and this veggie version is filled with Peruvian spices and roasted vegetables to give it loads of great taste. Mini No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake is a simple, elegant dessert! I think I’d forgotten about the table and room setting being as important as the food because I have to try to sort out gluten free and vegan foods for me and my family it sort of gets left behind but you have inspired me. Here comes the (vegan) bride and groom! Yayy!! Simple vegan shortbread cookies with chocolate chunks and dusted sugar are a delicate addition to afternoon tea. It's Sunday so I'm craving a, #vegan Ghost Meringue Cupcakes! This bread used to have eggs in it so hopefully the rest of their range in the UK will become vegan also. A tea sandwich this classic calls for an equally traditional tea to sip along with it, which is why we suggest the sweet floral blend of Bigelow’s Cozy Chamomile. Healthy sandwiches are filling, simple and easy to prepare. Absolute bliss. Create an indulgent vegan afternoon tea menu with our top recipes. Next, spread some dairy-free butter onto two slices of thin sliced white bread and arrange the cucumber slices onto one slice. From scones and cupcakes to sandwiches and macarons, these vegan recipes will be perfect on your cake stand for High Tea. Dress the table. I do boxes of grated raw veg. The picture above shows a very simple dessert I put together for Summer Fruits Vol-au-vents. The cucumber is grated and combined in a food processor with vegan cream cheese and eggless mayonnaise for a creamy filling that is decadently rich when spread on toast. Stephanie Dreyer is the founder of VeegMama, where she helps families cook and eat healthier. Everything looks absolutely beautiful, Aimee! Cucumber sandwiches used to be my favorite (still is) when I wasn’t a vegan. Also, it is a nice display for all the delicious sandwiches, cakes and scones. Crisp, but not hard, chocolate biscotti is perfect for afternoon tea. Remove crusts and cut into two fingers width sandwiches, using a sharp knife. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. I love these sandwiches they make me so happy =) because I don’t have to compose my food choices for being vegan! Here you can find a few vegan afternoon tea party recipes, that will surely be a huge success. The 7 Most Delicious Vegan Protein Bars (Healthy and Organic), 28 EASY Vegan Dinner Recipes For Beginners and Everyone. Undetectably healthy, naturally gluten free and so scrumptious - perfect for a healthy afternoon tea snack. ‘curried egg’ made from chickpeas or tofu – can be vegan mayonnaise based or dry pate type spread! . Leave to cool. Many of the store brought breads contain butter, which is a problem. Required fields are marked *, Hi, I'm Kate, a journalist, cookbook & travel author and award-winning food blogger. Decorate the table with a small vase of fresh flowers and an assortment of pretty plates, teacups, saucers and napkins. You'll love how moist, flavorful and delicious this cake is, plus it's topped with ginger frosting is! If you’re looking for a vegan sandwich spread, you’ll find that here as well along with lots of other delicious sandwich … Parmentier Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic. Fabulous ☕️ All of these recipes are so much fun! Click here for some miniature dessert inspiration – 10 recipes to try! These gluten free vegan treats are easy to make and so vibrant. Can’t wait to follow your instructions and to try your recipes! Use a thin sliced bread – never thick. Crumbly coconut oat bars that are healthy and so easy to make! dairy-free, Mother's Day, recipe, recipes, vegan, vegetarian Tagged: afternoon tea, mother's day, scones, strawberry, tea, vegan 25 Comments. Copyright © 2020 Kate Hackworthy / Veggie Desserts, Roasted Vegetable Sandwich with Pea Pesto, Baked Vegan Chocolate Doughnuts with Earl Grey Glaze, Vegan Pumpkin Cake with Ginger Frosting (1-bowl, easy), Vegan BLT Tempeh Sandwich • Happy Kitchen, Ginger Pecan Brittle with Chocolate Drizzle, Chocolate Chocolate Chip & Pecan Biscotti, « Coconut Fruit Flan with Sponge Cake Crust. Usually black tea or others such as Earl Grey or green tea. They're perfect for Mother's Day or any special occasion!