Meanwhile, prepare the mustard sauce. By contrast, pork loin lends itself well to slower roasting or grilling techniques. I find the quality of pork fillet to vary greatly, even though I buy it from the same shop week after week. I’m glad you enjoyed it. Mushrooms make a great addition to the pork and sauce. Prepare the pork tenderloin marinade by combining the soy sauce, bourbon and brown sugar in a large Ziploc bag (or other dish). The brined ones always come out tender and juicy. Heat oil and butter in a frying pan, add the fillets and cook until lightly browned all over. (Retain the … This easy pork tenderloin recipe pairs the meat with a sweet and savory marinade, and then roasts the pork at a high temperature to give it a nice sear on the outside while keeping it tender and juicy on the inside. It's down-home, country-style cooking! It’s great that you tweaked the recipe so successfully! Anywhere between 140° F and 160° F is fine; however cooking it more towards medium (145° F) will produce juicier pork. Carefully remove the hot skillet from the oven. Combine soy sauce, bourbon and brown sugar in a large Ziploc bag or dish. Remove and place in an oven-proof dish and bake for 15 minutes for medium to well-done or 20 minutes for well-done. Turn the pork over, reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees F, and continue roasting the pork for about 10-15 more minutes. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Adding the pork to that very hot skillet will help to sear the meat on the outside, lock in the juices, and give it that crispy, flavorful exterior. Wash and trim pork tenderloins. I made it with brining and it was so delicious!!! Obviously, mine is bacon, gammon and smoked ribs but when it comes to unadulterated pork it is just the fillet I like. Anyway, great recipe I’ll definitely try. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately. rosy pink, don’t they? . Tender and juicy roasted pork tenderloin is paired with a creamy mustard sauce for an easy dinner that's full of flavor. Rice or mash, and your favourite steamed greens. I love asparagus. Since pork tenderloin is naturally lean and tender, it does well when cooked quickly at high temperatures. Required fields are marked *. Heat oil and butter in a frying pan, add the fillets and cook until lightly browned all over. Pork fillet is lean and if cooked perfectly comes out moist and tender. Always rest the meat for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving. Required fields are marked *. Philippa. Leave in a warm place for 10 minutes before slicing in 2.5cm (1 inch) diagonal wedges. How exactly do you choose good pork meat? This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Follow The Seasoned Mom on Instagram and show us what you're making! Wow, that was quick! http://www.cooksillustrated.com/images/document/howto/ND01_ISBriningbasics.pdf. These sound so good, thanks for sharing this delicious looking recipe. Learn how your comment data is processed. If you roast the tenderloin at a low temperature or for too long, you risk drying out the meat, resulting in a tougher, chewier texture. The tenderloin is ready to come out of the oven when it reaches an internal temperature of 140-145 degrees F. The temperature will continue to rise as it rests, and you want to make sure that you don’t overcook the meat (because it can become dry). All photos found on Greedy Gourmet are available for licensing. Holy shit that’s my new favorite. Trim the pork fillet, removing any fat or sinew from the outside. That confirmation email should be waiting for you in your inbox! Your email address will not be published. I used 3 tbs mustard and added a pinch of chicken stock. Maybe some grandma planted it ages ago and it still pops up here and there. Thanks. Subscribe to my free newsletter and receive an eCookbook of my most popular recipes! It turned out awesome! This recipe takes advantage of a sweet-and-savory marinade to tenderize the meat, add flavor, and help caramelize the outside (thanks to the brown sugar). 4-Ingredient Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin, Mustard and Brown Sugar Baked Pork Tenderloin, Store leftovers in an airtight container in the, When preparing the mustard sauce, feel free to. © 2017–2020 The Seasoned Mom     About     Privacy. This delicious main dish is quick enough to make on a busy weeknight, but also gourmet enough to serve guests at a dinner party. Originally published August 12, 2020 by Blair. Some people might find the mustard in the sauce a bit strong, so you can easily temper it a bit by putting in less than stated in the ingredients list. Place the pork in the skillet and return to the oven for 10 minutes. Add pork to the marinade and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or up to overnight). Pork tenderloin, a smaller cut that generally weighs about 1 pound, does not come from the same part of the animal as the larger pork loin. In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, mayonnaise, Dijon and rosemary. Return the pork slices and any collected meat juices to the sauce and swirl until coated. Contact me for quotes. would this alter any tastes or would it just change the colour of the sauce? If you find the perfect piece of pork fillet, at least you know what to do with it! For more details about these two different cuts of meat, check out this article. Add the pork to the marinade and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or up to 24 hours). would this work with a lighter red wine as oppose to the dry white wine? Preheat the oven (and the skillet) to 450 degrees F. Remove the pork from the marinade. Tender and juicy roasted pork tenderloin is paired with a creamy mustard sauce for an easy dinner that's full of flavor. Meanwhile, add the wine to the frying pan and increase the heat. Your email address will not be published. The pork was absolutely beautiful. Pork & mustard is such a perfect combo. The pork is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 140-145 degrees F in the thickest part (about 20-25 minutes total). Tag @greedygourmet on Instagram and hashtag it #greedygourmet. There was an error submitting your subscription. Once the oven comes to temperature, carefully add oil to the hot skillet and swirl to coat. Total roasting time will vary depending on the size, thickness and temperature of your pork. Since this particular cut of meat is already very tender and lean, it does best when cooked quickly at a high temperature (by contrast, a tougher, fattier cut like a pork shoulder does best when cooked low and slow). A pork fillet with creamy dijon mustard sauce? Success! For a juicy pork tenderloin, you're looking for a medium finish (about 145 degrees F). You'll love the crispy exterior of the marinated pork, which stays moist and flavorful when roasted in a very hot oven. I’m brining a pork loin “as we speak” and will make this tonight. All I can do is blame the quality of meat. Greedy Gourmet is an award winning food and travel blog. And I can thoroughly recommend the wine – I know the winemakers well and this is a delicious wine from our lovely Languedoc! Alternatively, go to Stock Photos to see what's available. As a result, I always recommend using a meat thermometer to know when your pork is done. Pork perfection! If you check out other recipes for pork fillet on this blog, you will notice I always cook them exactly the same way, because the method simply works. I made a slight change – I added a handful of sliced mushrooms to the pan after removing the pork and sautéed for a few minutes. Seriously, is there some secret I don’t know about?! Use hashtag #theseasonedmom, Your email address will not be published. Repeat until you are happy with the result. Place a large cast iron (or other oven-safe) skillet in a cold oven. Place a large cast iron skillet (or other oven-proof skillet) in the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Remove the pork from the marinade, pat dry, and season with salt and pepper. I’m going to use a combination of jalapeno mustard and dijon for a little extra kick. They all look more or less the same, i.e. Removed them and then added to the sauce at the end. Hi there – what a coincidence… I was looking for a recipe for pork fillet with mustard and came across this delicious looking recipe! OMG………….just made this and it is delicious, and easy too so glad I linked to you via foodgawker and saved this one, I know this recipe will become a favorite of mine thanks. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with tinfoil and set aside. Other cuts’ flavour I find very “porky” in taste or the meat simply becomes as tough as old boots. 2nd March 2010 - By Michelle MinnaarThis post may contain affiliate links. This roasted pork tenderloin feels fancy with a drizzle of creamy Dijon mustard sauce, but you can certainly omit the sauce for any picky little eaters at the table! Add the mustard one tablespoon at a time and taste. Inspired by local traditions and seasonal fare, you'll find plenty of easy, comforting recipes that bring your family together around the table. Boil until the wine has reduced by at least half, then add the cream and bring back to the boil until lightly thickened. ! Pork tenderloin is a staple in so many kitchens because it's an affordable, lean cut of meat that offers a nice alternative to chicken. Today, we're focused only on the pork tenderloin! Thanks !!! https://www.theseasonedmom.com/roasted-pork-tenderloin-mustard-sauce Fantastic , Although be sure you have a good quality mustard in this one !! Forgot to add, you don’t even have to use any seasonings in the brine, just basic salt-sugar-water brine should do the trick. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "ab685c8627c07e075770c4238c7c04b9" );document.getElementById("ece2f5cdf2").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.