For the gnocchi, place the potatoes into a pan and cover with water. Once all gnocchi have been flipped, turn heat to low and ladle in the tomato sauce. Serve sprinkled with your favourite cheese. Spray your air fryer basket lightly with oil. My vote goes with homemade, but it’s fine to use packaged in this recipe too. Whipped Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies.

Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Allow gnocchi to simmer lightly in the sauce for about 10 minutes.

Halfway through the cooking time, add the basil leaves.

Not very crispy after 15 minutes? Set the pan aside in a warm place. (17 ounces (US) or 2 x 250 gram punnets (UK/Australia) – this amount doesn't have to be exact!) Add the gnocchi and boil just until they begin to float to the top. It’s ideal for garlic lovers, and lovers of traditional Italian cuisine. I suggest using potato gnocchi because it holds up well without breaking up when you pan fry it. Try frying gnocchi, those pillowy potato dumplings that you either love or hate. The sauce is quite garlic-y! Add cream and simmer an additional 3-5 minutes. I usually try to make some gnocchi ahead and freeze it.

You might be surprised to learn that you can also air fry the gnocchi instead of pan frying it! Place a large nozzle into a piping bag and then add the potato dough to the bag. You can even just buy packaged gnocchi from the supermarket although I find all of the brands here contain a lot of preservatives and other rubbish. I haven’t specified an exact amount of cheese to sprinkle over the top of the meal. Add the cherry tomatoes and garlic. Let them cook for at least 5 minutes before moving them, or until they are starting to go golden and crispy on the bottom. Using an immersion blender, blend the sauce.

Stir in the basil. Allow gnocchi to cook for about 2 minutes and then begin to flip them. At this time you can remove the sauce from heat and set it aside.

Drain and return to the pan then place back over a low heat for a few seconds to remove any excess moisture. There are no rules on exactly how much. Please read my disclosure for more info.

Repeat the process with any remaining dough. Then empty them into freezer bags and freeze until you want to make this recipe. Heat up around 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan. (balsamic, honey…).

Just freeze the uncooked gnocchi on baking paper lined trays for a couple of hours. There is no additional cost to you. I usually add a few extra splashes of water to the sauce before tossing it through the gnocchi.

Air fry at 390F/200C for around 15 minutes. Remove the gnocchi from the water with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. These taste like cute little crispy potatoes, and who doesn’t like those? IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON BY LEAVING A COMMENT AND RATING BELOW… AND DON’T FORGET TO SIGN UP TO RECEIVE ALL MY NEW RECIPES BY EMAIL! Read about our approach to external linking. Shake/Turn the gnocchi half way through cooking. As you squeeze the back of the bag with your right hand, hold a small sharp knife in your left hand and cut off 2.5cm/1in lengths of dough, allowing the gnocchi to drop into the pot.

Posts may contain affiliate links. Salt, if needed. Serve immediately. I just prefer to boil them briefly first so they are nice and fluffy and pillowy inside and there’s no chance of a nasty raw flour taste. Home » Italian » Amazing pan fried gnocchi with cherry tomato sauce.
You think I’m going over the top with my description of this meal?

Take the gnocchi off the heat. Your email address will not be published. Meanwhile, boil your gnocchi until they float to the top … Blend until smooth and set aside. Let it get golden and crispy in the oil.

Toss the sauce through the crispy gnocchi.

Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. I freeze the finished gnocchi on baking trays in one layer, then throw them into freezer bags until the day I want to make the recipe.

Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. It might seem like a hassle to make your own gnocchi, but they’re really quick and easy to make. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan on a medium heat. It’s well worth the extra effort. For the tomato sauce, heat a large pan until hot and add the olive oil, onion and garlic and fry for 4-5 minutes until softened. Your gnocchi are ready to cook. Just use your judgement and add enough so that it’s still chunky but loose enough to actually look like a sauce and not just a pan of squishy tomatoes!

Scoop the gnocchi that have floated to the top out of the water with a slotted spoon and let them drain briefly in a colander. Spoon the gnocchi into the centre of each of four plates and top each with half a fillet of lemon sole. For the tomato sauce, heat a large pan until hot and add the olive oil, onion and garlic and fry for 4-5 minutes until softened. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve and top with Parmesan cheese and pesto. I have made this pan fried gnocchi with both pre-made gnocchi or homemade gnocchi. … For the lemon sole, season the sole with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Let cook on high for a few minutes, then turn down the heat to medium. If you want to try the recipe with classic boiled gnocchi (without pan frying), however, I highly recommend this ricotta gnocchi recipe instead – it’s quicker and easier to make, and possibly even more delicious than potato gnocchi! Required fields are marked *.

As soon as it floats to the top, poach for a further 1-2 minutes. Add plenty of salt and pepper. I’ve used both good quality packaged (homemade from a farmer’s market) or I’ve made my own. Your email address will not be published. Try this meal once and it may become one of your go-to meals! You DON’T need to defrost the gnocchi first – just tip it into the boiling water while still frozen. I knew something like this crispy gnocchi recipe had the potential to be really delicious, but I didn’t know just HOW delicious it would be. Slow braised lamb shanks with olive oil mash, Crème brûlée with marinated autumn fruits and mint broth. Carefully turn the lemon sole and cook for a further minute on the other side. Add around ¼ cup (or 60ml) of water. Remove from water and pat dry.

Try it once and it might just become one of your new favourite meals! This pan fried gnocchi recipe is ridiculously delicious. Add the flour, parmesan and one tablespoon of the olive oil and beat together until smooth.

Tip for pan frying gnocchi: Don’t move it around too much at first.

Once all gnocchi have been flipped, turn heat to low and ladle in the tomato sauce. Garnish with the crumbled/grated cheese. Allow more time if the are not starting to brown.

Shake the pan from time to time.

This post may contain affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through them. Stir the gnocchi briefly into the tomato sauce and serve! While the sauce is cooking, prepare the gnocchi.
You won’t want the meal to end…. Add the lemon sole to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until golden-brown.

I’d start with a smallish amount and let people add more if they like.

How do you like the idea of a really easy pantry meal that’s always a crowd pleaser? Alternatively, use a can of cherry tomatoes. Allow more time if the are not starting to brown. Stir the balsamic vinegar and honey into the sauce. Flour your surface and roll each piece of dough out into a long ‘sausage’ with your hands. There’s a company here in Australia that sells fresh gnocchi at farmer’s markets and shopping malls. The combination of the crispy gnocchi and the delicious sauce is quite frankly heavenly. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small percentage from qualifying purchases. Divide the dough into 4. This is one of those meals that I’ll make time and time again, just like this baked chicken and chorizo with cherry tomatoes, or this Thai chicken and butternut squash curry. Bring together and knead with your hands until you have a soft dough. 500g/1lb 2oz fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped. What I usually do is make them ahead.

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND YOUTUBE.

Learn how your comment data is processed. « What I Am Loving This Summer: Skin Care.

Homemade gnocchi can be more delicate and require more care when frying – but it’s worth the extra effort! Pan-Fried Gnocchi with Creamy Tomato Pesto Sauce. By Helen air fryer recipes, all recipes, Baby & kid friendly, healthy, Helen's favorites, Italian, main meals, Mediterranean, mid-week, pasta, Spring, Summer, vegetarian, Your email address will not be published. Pan fry gnocchi until golden and crispy, then toss in a simple but very tasty cherry tomato and basil sauce. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Then flip the gnocchi with a fork or jiggle the pan a few times so all sides get a chance to brown. Add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil.

The icing on the cake is a sprinkle of tangy feta cheese! baked chicken and chorizo with cherry tomatoes, Sausage and gnocchi traybake with roasted vegetables, Gnocchi bake with butternut squash, sausage and kale, Easy crockpot chicken gnocchi soup (Olive Garden copycat, with pressure cooker version! Just give them another few minutes.

Especially when I have some potatoes that need using up quickly. Cut the ‘sausage’ into small rectangles.

To serve, add the tomato sauce to the gnocchi pan, enough to just coat the gnocchi, and heat slightly.

Take the bag of dough and hold it above the boiling water. Turn them over (or shake the pan if they're the rounded packaged kind) to let the other side brown, or shake the pan a few more times until they look crispy all over (around 10 minutes). The sauce is simple, sweet, and very flavoursome. Then you have your own pre-made gnocchi and don’t need to rely on often sub-par supermarket versions! I prefer to use feta cheese and I usually use about a quarter of a 250 gram packet, so about 60 grams (2 ounces). Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large rimmed skillet and add gnocchi and spread them into a single layer. Heat a frying pan until hot then add the remaining olive oil.

Cook until the tomatoes break down into a chunky sauce (around 20 minutes). When it starts to sizzle lightly, add the gnocchi in one layer.

Leave to cool slightly before transferring to a food processor or blender. Just a few basic pantry ingredients, really.