Having said this, if I am exposing my point of view over here, then it means that I do believe in the way musescore is evolving. When I am creating some music, I first put in the pitch-line, without considering the rythm (even though I already have it in mind). But the costs of achieving that high degree of control is huge in terms of "learning curve"! Meaning at least to me that it is "intuitive". The first triplet is not an error, that's manually tweaked, though it would be good if MuseScore supported that natively. "Cut" simply replaces the cutted note with a rest, it does'nt shift... am I missing something? I'm not an expert in this manner, and it makes MuseScore a real turn on because all I have to do is click and drag. This is the way it works for me ( as an example I take the 3 first measures of the score 'Annemarieke': And you can then click some other spot and "paste" the contents of the clipboard there, thus achieving the effect of shifting the notes to the new position. In reply to Yes, as I said, for your by Marc Sabatella.
But, in terms of attention to detail, the real challenge will be in the minutiae of edits -- the slurs, exact placement of dynamics, spacing, hairpins, tempo markings, etc. I am not sure how to make this more clear. 2. But getting the output just right is quite difficult. BTW, I don't know that anyone has stats on what "most people" currently do, and obviously no one knows what people would do if things were different. They’ve also been around for a long time and had many eyes to search for bugs and many hands to add even very obscure features. this is what it becomes in denemo (without complaining): 3. Replacing with rests is like taking over my music and preventing me from writing it the way I want it to be. But as I said, absolutely nothing you describe about *what* you are trying to do sounds at all unusual, except for *how* you have chosen to go about it. Do you still have an unanswered question? The Sibelius problems are described on the original page. I read something like hiding bars and measuring, but found out that this is not the solution to the (frustrating) problem. The point is that in denemo (based on lilypond), I do have this TOTAL FREEDOM to go on with my music. Denemo also has the nice feature of splitting/merging measures by hand. Ought we to expect some kind of "merger" or compatibility in the future? MuseScore is ranked 1st while Lilypond is ranked 4th.

Yes, as I said, for your particular usage, having everything else to the right shift automatically makes sense, but as I explained, this is *not* how most people use notation software, so it is *not* how most people would want things to shift. There simply is no pleasing everyone - no one behavior is what everyone wants all the time. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. If anything I would think Musescore would be far more likely to have difficulties with it. Having the right accents in mind, I find the right measure, which is 6/8 with an up-measure. I cannot seem to find it in: lilypond hairpin bugsIt would be nice to get the result with latest 2.17.20 LilyPond up, 2.12 that's from 2008?What's the problem exactly with the ties, can we get a bug report please?I would like to note that LilyPond is a compiler and therefore ask:are the other scores (Score, Sibelius, MuseScore) the default untweakedoutput from those softwares? And yes, the cutted elements are placed on the clipboard and I can paste them somewhere else (but this is not the issue) It often involves creating invisible bar lines and time signatures which typically (but not in lilypond) messes up the measure numbers. The LilyPond output is good as well, the spacings are ok, though there are some minor problems: the most severe is 16th beam-accidental collision in measure 3 With a WYSIWYG editor, I’m always a little worried I’ve left behind something like a single space that happens to be italicized, or something. "Lightweight" is the primary reason people pick MuseScore over the competition. It makes version control less useful. I haven't ever notated something this complex, but I think, why compromise? The example of cut/paste does clarify possibilities but the issue still remains. Most off positions (including slurs, ties, accidentals, stem lengths, beam angles, ...) are default settings without manual editing. or match the arrangement the director is using. 1. first I note the pitches without considering time, measures ... etcetera (because the way I type it, I hear the correct timing), 2. Please log in first to post your question. Using the eraser all the time? Bach), complex notation, early music, modern music, tablature, vocal music, lead sheets, educational materials, large orchestral projects, customized output, … Such systems have many advantages: plain-text-source systems make it impossible to miss or forget subtle formatting decisions and leftover, empty formatting tags. The other one is the open source development approach. If it was my intention to write down music as they did a few centuries ago, I definitely would use paper and pencil. +1 for them!). As a participant the Music Notation Project [musicnotation.org] I've been working on alternatives to Conventional Music Notation, and on software to produce such notations. Make sense? Now I have to give each note the right length and synchronize the left and right hand staffs,... this is the result ( the rests are messing up my score, (trying to keep both staffs in line??) But, seeing the changes and the prospect of MuseScore, I'm wondering if I should be "switching over. It feels like you're looking at this backwards. More often, they would want only one note, or just a few, to move, if any. Score vs. LilyPond vs. Sibelius. :). Let me ask you a question: If we had no score writer and you'd have to compose using paper and pencil like Beethoven had to: How would you manage to compose with your work sequence? As you can see, cut and paster works exactly as in any other program to shift the selected region to the desired location (in this case, to the beginning of the measure, but I could just as easily have chosen ny other location). Since all of you are doing the effort to brainstorm this thing, I myself will also make an example that exposes the problem. I prefer Lilypond, and I also prefer Lilypond's output. Is it possible to download music on here without paying money? typically a piece that I am learning. I realy like the way denemo gives me that possibility to be busy with my business. And I just got Musescore 2, which is a huge improvement on the previous versions, looks so nice, but I shuddered at all the overlaps. Should I be a professional publisher, my opinion COULD be different. I found this online course : http://www.wiziq.com/course/3200-master-sibelius-7-softwareHelp me by reviewing this music software course, so that I can make a decision to join it. Musescore This is a piece typeset using MuseScore. Most users agree that MuseScore is great for beginning musicians and for music that isn’t extremely complicated. I’m a big fan of things like LilyPond and LaTeX; I recently transcribed a song my dad wrote for guitar using LilyPond. But otherwise I really don't see the problems here. If you enter durations as you go, you will find it *is* as easy to create and edit a score as to use a text editor. Since only you know how many notes you personally to move, the best way to do this is with cut and paste. Or writing your pitch sequence, then write it on a fresh sheet *again*, this time in rhythm?

BTW, few software systems make this easy, especially if the phrase breaks in the middle of a bar. Focus remains on CMN. You should try lilypond with denemo. Cut-and-Paste is quite tedious in this case. LilyPond is a powerful and flexible tool for engraving tasks of all kinds, for example classical music (like the example above by J.S. Version control works best with plain text files that the users edit directly, themselves. LilyPond engraving was done with LilyPond 2.12, MuseScore is version 1.2. This page is powered by a knowledgeable community that helps you make an informed decision. the most severe is 16th beam-accidental collision in measure 3, the hairpin alignment (can be easily fixed though), the > hairpin start position in measure 3, the ties in measure 3 (though I think that would need tweaking in all You might find some interesting or useful stuff here. Look up version control. I know Sibelius. Then once the durations are the way you want, simply export to a standard MIDI file and import the results into notation software. For the example I'll take the arrangement of 'Annemarieke' . Instead of LilyPond, we also tested PriMus, Finale and Amadeus... You can have a look on http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notensatzprogramm#Programme_und_Anwendungsbereiche.
May 2010. The problem with trying to do this automatically is that there is no way MuseScore can no how many notes you want to shift - only you know this. Lilypond and Musescore, being open platforms, are both candidate bases for such development. To have the measures and note-lengths on paper exactly as I have them in mind, often requires more time and patience from me.

MuseScore, Notion, and ScoreCloud are probably your best bets out of the 11 options considered. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Using the eraser all the time? I agree.

(Though, I see MuseScore is open-source. Now I realize I may not be "most people", but perhaps more people would use notation software if it were more usable. Since I'm not very proficient at the keyboard, if I enter notes via playing them (MIDI) I change the arrangement, or the layout. In reply to You should try lilypond with by Jowannes.