Thank you, Dawn!! Drizzle some of that balsamic glaze on top of it and you are all set to go! Bake the pizza for 15 minutes. I wish I had copied the original commenter and used more yeast - it was a very flat, sticky dough. Roll the pizza dough out onto the sheet or stone. Preheat oven and prep dough according to pizza dough instructions. A showy, crimson-skinned pear is beautiful here, but any pear variety you like will work. Add warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. Last Christmas my stepmom got me this countertop pizza oven from Sur La Table. It makes me sound so super basic and lame, but I can’t help it! #HomemadePizzaCrust #CollectiveBias, A new year calls for new traditions! I order a similar pear and prosciutto pizza at a local restaurant. In a skillet, add about 2 tablespoons of salted butter. Finally….a little bit of something extra crunchy on top: arugula! Pizza is a wonderful thing. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. We normally spend Thanksgiving and Christmas on a rotating basis between my family and Bryan’s. Friday night is usually pizza night for us too! Offers may be subject to change without notice. We did put some of the prosciutto on while baking, so it warmed, and that was great, too! plus one juicy red pear sliced super thin. consent. Love how thin the pizza crust is, too! Add sliced pear and cook on low for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. © 2013-2018 Lemon & Mocha. Follow me on Pinterest, I always love to see your re-creations! If you do make a recipe, it would make my whole day if you were to rate and comment so I can get your feedback! Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size. Place a baking sheet in oven. Next, add about 1 cup of mozzarella cheese to the bottom of the crust and spread it around evenly. Right?! Sautee for 3-5 minutes on medium heat and then turn the heat down to medium low for another 5 or so minutes. Stir in yeast; let stand 10 minutes. MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. I know that Trader Joe’s also has an amazing store-bought version. 1 Comment, Lauren, Garry and I were just with your Dad and Diane in CA at the Purdue reunion. This Pear and Prosciutto Pizza is an amazingly easy and unique homemade pizza! This is a great and unique appetizer option for holiday parties or just to make at home for you and your sweetie! (Gently press two fingers into dough. Mix to combine. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. We split a pizza, bottle of wine and watch some TV in our comfiest clothes. I used THIS recipe, added honey and it turned out DELICIOUS. Top with arugula, balsamic glaze and parmesan if desired. Spinach Pear Prosciutto Pizza with Honey and Walnuts might be a mouthful to describe but it’s worth it! How to Make Pear Prosciutto Pizza: Preheat the oven to 425 (or follow the directions on your pizza crust packet). I accidentally used 1 packet of yeast and the dough was perfect, so I'll be keeping that change. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience here on Our Balanced Bowl. Put a thin layer of olive oil over the whole flatbread. I used, Thank you so much for following along here, friends! I used THIS recipe, added honey and it turned out DELICIOUS. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. While it’s baking, if you want to make a balsamic glaze to go on top, now is the time! Great site. In: Breads, Recipes, Savory, Your email address will not be published. Feel free to use all mozzarella cheese instead of also adding gouda. 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, 9 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2 cups), 2.38 ounces whole-wheat flour (about 1/2 cup), 3 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped, 2 ripe Starkrimson or red Bartlett pears, cored and thinly sliced, Back to Honey-Wheat Pizza with Pear-Prosciutto Salad. That’s definitely different. Ever since then Matt and I have been pizza making machines! MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. I made a Peach BBQ Chicken Pizza over the Summer that was AH-mazing – so I feel like I have a thing for putting fruit on pizza. All rights reserved. I used a THIN Bistro Wewalka pizza crust (not sponsored, just love this brand!). Usually, CL's "pizza servings" of 1 or 2 slices leaves me hungry, but the greens and wheat dough and the fiber from the pears kept me full and happy without overstuffing myself. This is totally optional but I love how it adds a spicy taste to it. The crust is soooo good! Well, the pizza oven is the machine, we’re just an extension of its awesomeness. In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. We did a half non-prosciutto for our veggie-friend who was over, and she also thought it was great. Lots of love! This pizza is inspired by my trip to Italy in January of 2020. Plates of gooey caramel brownies; salads topped with crisp grilled asparagus; sugar-dusted fresh berry tarts... See? Info. Add a pinch of salt and pepper as well to coat the crust. I put 3/4 of a bag of mixed baby greens in the salad portion and omitted the seasonings (didn't need it!) ★☆ Love the whole sweet and salty combo (my fave) so I would eat my fair share of this one, my friend . www.lemonandmocha.com/2014/09/09/honey-pear-prosciutto-pizza-with-arug… Any commercial or non-commercial use of Unroll the rolls and then dice into bite size pieces. You visited us in Tucson many years ago. Want to see more? This Pear and Prosciutto Pizza is an amazingly easy and unique homemade pizza! I love recipes that combine sweet and savory. Hope y’all enjoy! Loaded with juicy pears and crispy prosciutto - you won’t be able to get enough of this! We normally spend Thanksgiving and Christmas on a rotating basis between my family and Bryan’s.